Happy Saturday! I am so glad it’s the weekend! This time of year my life is crazy with work and lacrosse coaching so during the week all that keeps me going is the break that the weekend brings. Most work days I usually get home around 9:00pm so during the week I have little time for anything fun. I love having weekends to catch up with friends, do some housework, and get some quality R&R. And I have to say, the weekends are so much better as an adult, because when you are a kid and even through college, there is always some sort of homework to be done. But now? Weekends are nothing but doing whatever you want whenever you want. Sleep in both days? Always. Go out with friends? Of course. Sit on the couch for hours? Why not. Sunday afternoon naps? You bet! Oh the joys of free time.
I am sure everyone feels the same way about weekends as I do, so you probably want to enjoy every second of the time off you have. On the weekends I usually don’t want to spend a ton of time working out, so here is a fast yet efficient AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) that gets the heart rate up and your muscles burning, yet only takes 15 minutes.
- Walking lunge with shoulder press: Holding 2 dumbbells at your shoulders, take a large step forward and bend both knees down to 90 degree angles, keeping the front knee behind the toes. At the same time you bend into the lunge, raise both dumbbells straight up overhead. Lower the weights down as you bring your back foot forward to meet your front foot and stand back up, completing one rep.
- Push up tuck jump: Start with doing a normal push up, then jump both feet forward towards your hands and then back to their starting position. This is one full rep.
- Squat pulse to squat jump: Lower yourself into a normal squat position, then raise your hips up a couple of inches and immediately return them to the low squat position. This is 1 squat pulse. From here jump straight up into the air and return to the low squat position. This is the end of one rep.
- Standing row to Tricep Kickback: Stand holding 2 dumbbells at your sides. Bend over slightly, keeping your back straight and arms straight. Bend both arms up bring your elbows to the sides of your rib cage, then extend your arms straight back behind you. Return arms to their starting position to finish the rep.
- Star jacks: This is like a normal jumping jack except when you bring your arms and legs in together you want to squat down into a chair squat position (legs together, knees bent, hips back).